Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Chicken Alfredo

Okay, so I have been a total slacker on the recipe thing. The truth is I have made some good things but by the time Im done cooking it looks so good I dont stop to take a picture...I just devour. And then I think I cant post without a picture. Well, Im breaking the rules and Im going to do it and you will just have to take my word for it!

Here's what you need

4 chicken breasts (if you buy the big bag at costco I would use three because they are so big)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon oregano (optional)
garlic salt (to taste)
pepper (to taste)

1/2 cup butter
8 oz package cream cheese (I use the fat free, you cant tell cuz the butter and cheese make up for it)
6 oz grated parmesan cheese
2 cups milk
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon black pepper

Your favorite type of pasta (I like angel hair, its yummy and cooks quickly.)

Here's what you do:
Start a pot of boiling water for the pasta noodles. Put olive oil and chicken breasts in to a frying pan on medium heat and season with the oregano, garlic salt, and pepper. Cook for about 8-10 minutes and flip to the other side and cook for another 8 minutes. Your water should be boiling now so add your noodles. While that is cooking melt your butter in a pan and add cream cheese. Stir with a whire wisk until smooth. Add milk a little at a time so there are no lumps. Stir in the parmesan and pepper and stir frequently to desired consistency(if it gets too thick you can add milk) Cut the chicken into bite size pieces and make sure it is cooked through. The next part is easy. Throw some pasta on a plate, add the alfredo sauce and chicken and enjoy! A garden salad and garlic bread make great sides! Enjoy

From the kitchen of cuzin #1

No comments: